Thursday 15 July 2010

The Dig

Hey there,

This is the second day I have been out on the archaeological dig in the Nepena Valley near Chimbote. There is dust everywhere with a side dish of extra dust but it is beutiful and exciting. So far havi}e found nothing significant except a few shards of ceramics and possibly a bead (or a dead bug). My fellow diggers are from all over the shop (Belgium,Quebec, America) and thats just a selection. Everyone is very friendly and fun and although it has only been just over 24 hours I feel as if I have been here for weeks.

I am sharing a room with 5 other females and the bunk beds feel as if they collapse any minute but I managed to sleep like a log on my first night. Also found a spider on my wash sponge which was less than agreable.

I am going to make this a short one as I must away to a meeting! The weekend to come is full to the brim with various activities including a fancy dress party so I am sure I will have much to report on the next instalment of my hopefully "non yah" account of my time here.

Bye for now, Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment